Inaugural Digital Academy Awards Ceremony announces nominees
The inaugural BlueMagnet Digital Academy Awards Ceremony has announced the nominees who have excelled across various digital marketing programmes. The awards ceremony will be held on Thursday, 24 August 2017 in Sandton.
Gillian Meier, CEO and founder of BlueMagnet comments, “The digital industry continuously recognises innovative agencies and brands at a number of prestigious awards; however we felt that it was time to showcase the intellects behind these successful campaigns and brands. These individuals have invested considerable time and effort into acquiring the skills to support these brands’ successes.”
“Without the backing of solid foundational skills, the industry would not flourish at the pace it has been. We want to recognise and reward those individuals who are committed to driving the digital industry forward through continued professional development; as well as the companies who consistently invest in upskilling their employees with the latest in digital marketing trends,” adds Ceri James, CIO and partner at BlueMagnet.
The awards ceremony will honour 127 professionals who have achieved outstanding results in the following categories over the past three years.
- The Digital Marketing Institute’s International Digital Marketing Professional Certification
- Search Engine Optimisation Professional Certification endorsed by SEOPSA
- Practical demonstration for delivering a Digital Marketing Strategy
- Recognition for perfect scores in the digital marketing strategy, planning, SEO, PPC, Display, Mobile, Social Media and Analytics courses
- Overall top Digital Marketing Professional
- Overall to top Search Engine Optimisation Professional
To empower and strengthen the professional scope and digital skills available in the market, BlueMagnet will give away R1m in bursaries to the top achievers to continue their personal development in the digital marketing field, by participating in a Digital Marketing Masters Programme, designed to establish a pilot benchmark for digital marketing professional designations in South Africa.